Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#reverb10 - December 13, 14

December 13: Action. When it comes to aspirations, it's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?

I suppose I could tell you I'm going to lose 25 pounds and market the hell out of my business and please every customer and find better price points and sleep more and eat less and spend less time with my computer and more time outside. But writing about all of this is nonsense because it isn't action. It's counter to what the author wants us to accomplish.

In my heart of hearts I know what the next step is, and writing about it won't help me get any closer. My next step is to spend less time planning and more time doing, starting yesterday. I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again: those three frogs are sitting on a log. One decides to jump off. How many are left?


December 14: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

For so many things and people I feel gratitude. This year the one that shined the brightest was my network of friends, colleagues, clients, community. They came together to support me in ways I never thought possible or probable. Starting a business isn't easy so every phone call, lead, referral and word of encouragement pushed me to greater heights. I express it by doing my best work for them every second of every day. (Maybe it sounds a little predictable, but the prompt is likewise a little predictable. Sorry..)

No comments:

Post a Comment