Monday, December 27, 2010

#reverb10 - December 22

Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?

I've touched on this in previous posts but I can map it out more clearly now. Here goes...
In February I traveled to Michigan for a wedding and to meet my boyfriend's parents. In March I hit up Las Vegas for a WPPI conference - my first ever photographers' convention. Made me feel super awesome and like I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

In May I went to Mazatlan with my family. It was one of the more amazing experiences of my life. Before I went to Mazatlan I also took a trip to see the A's play at home - and we missed their perfect game by ONE day! Kyle was depressed for weeks...

In June I went to Montana to photograph a dear friend's wedding. My first destination wedding and my first solo wedding. Pretty spectacular start to what is already becoming an amazing wedding career. In July I went back to Michigan with Kyle again - much warmer and more enjoyable this time! - and we also visited Chicago, where I've never been before. First deep dish pizza and I got to see the bean!

In October I went to Austin, TX with Kyle - so pleasant and warm just when Tahoe was starting to cool down. So much fun to be with friends and Kyle's extended family, and hanging outside in October? Win!

I don't remember any others. But I do have plans for 2011 starting already. I'm making an effort to get back to the WPPI convention in February in Vegas. Hopefully I can take Kyle with me. In August I'm going back to Montana for another wedding - this one up in a rustic cabin, and including a day-after trash the dress session. (My first!) If all is going well with family finances we'll also make another pilgrimage to Mexico, our new and very-much-loved (and needed) tradition. The boy is coming with us this time, no excuses.

I imagine I'll make it back to Michigan/Chicago at some point (my best guess? July 4), and I know if things are still going well with us Kyle and I will be back in Texas to celebrate his cousin's wedding in October. The thing I want to see most when we go is the Alamo, which as a native Texan holds a lot of meaning for me even though I've never seen it. I can't wait. I also hope to make a trip to Seattle during the summer to see friends and fit a little business in with my pleasure there. And by pleasure, I mean lots and lots of amazing food!

So, 2010 and hopes for 2011, in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment